Sunday, April 12, 2015

FUNDAY: Anne Hathaway's Stan Status

Here's the thing about Anne Hathaway and me, I was never really on board.

Sure, I though she was a good actress, and have seen a few movies with her in them that I liked.  Her Catwoman was undeniable for instance:

That...acting is incredible.


But I just didn't get the hype.  To me she came off as just another actress who had that overly expressive theater face.  The kind of actor who cries in every movie, and takes melodramatic roles meant for lonely housewives and househusbands.

Then this happened:





Anne Hathaway giving the finger to Emily Blunt while LL Cool J looks on.  It is like some dream that I could've had, but the reality is somehow even better. (Insert your innuendo here.)

Yes, that is Anne Hathaway on a show about lip syncing that should in my mind be so stupid that I would never watch it.  Yet, this clip appeared in my Internet perusing, and the rest became history.  Consider me a newly minted Anne Hathaway super fan.  A Hathafan, if you will.

That's the great thing about opinions.  They can change like the tides baby.  This is what I am trying to tell you.  Don't be so set in your ways, be open minded to change if you need to.  You never know, one day you might become a Stan for someone you never even knew, and find yourself watching Les Miserables all damn day.

Let's go!

MUSIC

Kane

Remember when I told you that Grime was coming back in a big way?  GRIME IS COMING BACK IN A BIG WAY.  Get gully with this banger and enjoy the ride.






ASAP Rocky

Seemingly rocky is poised to drop an album real real soon.  Most are betting it is gonna be a surprise release, because that's what you do when you are a poppin' artist these days.  This would undoubtedly be awesome, but he needs to do it soon.  Yeezy is coming, and even being a huge ASAP fan, I just might not have time if that Kanye album is on my iPod.






Boaz van de Beatz f/ Riff Raff & Mr. Polska

This man may have the most idiotic name in all of music, and the song is admittedly trash.  But that video though!  Also, Riff Raff, so by this blog's very rules it must be included.  







Tame Impala

The word was that these dudes were gonna get electronic on their new album, pretty much adding them to the list of every artist that puts out an album these days.  However, unsurprisingly, they have done it in a way that only serves to enhance their songs.  Turning a stadium filling soft jam into something really special.






Vic Mensa f/ Kanye West

Kanye, please put your album out real soon.  You are pretty much untouchable these days when it comes to music.  The King Midas with only a fraction of the hubris.  Speaking of untouchable, Vic Mensa is on a hell of a streak these days.  Although he may have started out as a Chance the Rapper-lite, he has fully transformed into something entirely different in the past year.  That something is a fucking superstar.







VIDEOS

The Witcher 3

I have already paid in full for this video game.  However, I would buy it again in a heartbeat if I needed to. A woman takes her clothes off with magic.  A man is decapitated by a sword.  There is a griffin eating shit.  This is going to be the best video game ever made.







Key & Peele Game of Thrones Recap

Just in time to catch you up for the premiere tonight, Key and Peele have our backs with the recap.  They mostly focus on the important stuff, like death.  And then some more death.






4k Rocket Launch

Just another day at the office when your office is a damn rocket laboratory.  Spacex wants to get your ass, yes even your ass, into the cosmos you sucka.  This is exciting.  I wonder what Cheetos are like in space?






A Little Fast A Little Furious

Okay, now go make 7 movies of this.  Please.






BONUS CLIP







That's it.  I am gonna go look up some Anne H. clips.  See you next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. Speak up!